Saturday, October 29, 2011

Blink 182...or what was I thinking?

Remember how I mentioned that I have been winning a lot of things through the radio recently? Well one day I thought it might be fun to win a some concert tickets. I had vaguely heard of Blink 182 so I tried and won.

The concert was held at the USANA ampitheatre. We met up with Tysen who is the DJ at 101.9 The End and the other winners. The first thing we did was wait in line to meet the band. Oh...did I mention I won backstage passes as well. Security was quite tight. We couldn't take pictures, but they did give us a photo for the band members to sign. It felt pretty formal and I had no idea what to say to the band members.

After the meet and greet we found our seats and started listening to the opening bands. There were a lot!








Maybe some of the band names should have tipped us off that it might be an interesting evening for us. There was Rancid, and My Chemical Romance, and Blink 182. The music wasn't bad. It was some of the crudeness and language.


Blink 182 would have been SO much better if they would have avoided talking in between songs. The stuff they were saying was beyond inappropriate.





We stuck it out to the end and didn't wait for the encore performance. It was a good lesson in "Just because you can win it doesn't mean you should".

2 comments:

Lisa P. said...

LOVE those lessons;) heck it was a date night. you cant beat that:)

Mahatma said...

Chalk it up! As least you and Wes had an evening together. I can see your dad in you in your close-up. It makes me miss him. ...j