Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Little Poet


Adelle wanted to be a part of the year end talent show at school.  She decided to write her own original poem.  We were all blown away with her little creation and she was chosen to read it in front of the entire school.  Here is her composition:

Stars

I look up in the black night sky and see the stars so bright.
I wonder what their names are, those glowing balls of light.
I wonder when they were born those beautiful lights above,
As I look at all the colors and see the stars I love.
I go back inside and my mom tells me it's time for bed,
And I think of all the things I've seen all inside my head. 

I'm so proud of my girl!  Maybe she'll write more stories and poems for us in the future :)

2 comments:

S.R. Braddy said...

This poem is good. Like, it's really good. Your girl's so talented!

Mahatma said...

What a wonderful poem. I love Adelle! ...j