Monday, May 31, 2010

Violet is 5 months!

I know this post is overdue, but on 5/21/10 Violet hit the 5 month mark. I can't believe how fast she is growing. I think there is a huge difference between the first picture taken right after she turned 4 months and the last pictures. Violet is changing and growing in leaps and bounds. Wes said yesterday that he thinks her personality is starting to really take shape. She is starting to take an interest in certain toys and loves playing and visiting. For awhile she really loved her phone. Then the batteries got low and it was put to the side.

Next Lydia introduced Violet to the White Rabbit I made and she just thought he was the funniest thing. She just laughed at him and loved to suck on his ears. She also has taken again to her gym which she had grown tired of for a little while.

We tried rice cereal again and it went pretty well.
I don't think she cares much for the taste.

She can now sit at her high chair and join us at the table for dinner which we all love.


I love that smile! Just after her 4 month appointment, after I told the doctor how well
Violet sleeps, she decided to started waking up 2 -3 times a night. I thought perhaps if she started sleeping in her crib during the day for naps it would help her nighttime sleeping as well. The naps were rough at first and some crying was involved, but she is doing much better now. It is much easier to get her to nap in her crib which has improved her sleeping and mood during the day. There are still times when she will wake up 2-3 times a night, but overall the night sleeping is getting better.
I noticed a couple of weeks back that Violet has one little tooth trying to come in. It is on the left side of her mouth towards the front. There is just the tiniest, hard white spot. I don't think it has made her too cranky. It will be interesting to see how she does as it comes in more. She seems to be getting teeth much earlier than Adelle.
Violet absolutely loves the cat! She loves trying to pet her and just laughs and giggles when the cat is near.
Violet is rolling over more and more. In fact this morning she started on one side of the room and she made it to the middle of the room in just a few minutes. She will often get stuck on her stomach, but I have a feeling that is going to change super soon. I'll need to keep an eye on her!
Violet does pretty well on the go. She likes riding around in her car seat and the stroller. She does great at Lagoon and enjoys watching everything. I hope this will continue when we take a road trip to Disneyland in 5 days.
I love how happy Violet is becoming. I love her laugh! I love how she is less afraid of other people and how much she enjoys chatting. Yesterday a woman was visiting with me at church and she just started laughing and trying to interact with the women! Cute thing!!! We all feel so blessed to have her in the family!

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

What wonderful pictures. I love Violet's enormous smile! You deserve a happy baby. I hope she is a good little traveler and am glad she will have her sisters to help entertain her in the car. Hugs! ...j