The girls really wanted to go on the teacups so we waited in line. Wes and I were all ready to take video and pictures on the ride when we sat down in our cup, when suddenly I noticed Lydia crying. I asked what was wrong and she informed me that Adelle had punched her in the stomach. We all look over at Adelle who bursts into tears. We managed to find out that the girls where poking each other and playing in line and that Adelle "poked" Lydia harder than she meant to. Now imagine this. Wes and I are going back and forth with the girls, who are both crying, while we are spinning around in a teacup in Disneyland. That's right folks. The happiest place on earth! It is pretty darn funny looking back at it now, but at the time I was not happy.
Wes had told the girls time and time again before vacation that if anyone didn't behave they would go straight back to the hotel. We manage to get off the ride. Wes and I take a few steps away from the girls and start discussing what should be done. Wes decided that he in fact was going to take the girls back to the hotel for a little while to show them that we will do what we say and to give them a "time out". Part of me just wanted to give them a warning. Besides we are in Disneyland, but I saw his point and so off Wes, Lydia and Adelle went to have a "time out" and to eat lunch.
Violet and I, left to our own devices, set out to find a restroom which took some doing. There were lines in one, a medical emergency in another, and limited handicap stalls in another. When you are alone with a baby in a stroller the handicap stall is only way to manage. Anyway, I am sure you want to know about my bathroom search! He he! I also snapped a fun picture of the white rabbit by the Alice in Wonderland Ride.
The first thing everyone saw when they came back into the park was characters. We took a moment to get pictures and autographs with the White Rabbit and the Queen. Lydia seemed nervous to get her picture taken next to the Queen of Hearts, even though she claims she wasn't.


We then were fortunate enough to catch Mickey Mouse!!!

The first place the girls wanted to go after the characters was back to the teacups. The spinning was much funner the second time and we did get some great pictures and video. I love that Wes is yawning in the picture with Violet. Disneyland can take it out of you, but it sure is fun!

We then were fortunate enough to catch Mickey Mouse!!!
The first place the girls wanted to go after the characters was back to the teacups. The spinning was much funner the second time and we did get some great pictures and video. I love that Wes is yawning in the picture with Violet. Disneyland can take it out of you, but it sure is fun!
From there we headed towards Frontierland. We happened to catch Jessy and Woody on the way.


We took some time to ride more of our favorites such as Pirates and Indiana Jones. Wes and the girls also went to the canoes and paddled around the river. We even went on the steam boat. We ate dinner again at the French Market after our dinner lesson the night before. We all filled up! I thought it might be fun to catch the Tikki Room. Wes called it the "antiquey room". Nobody really cared to see the show again despite it's repetitive, drumming music, and array of singing objects and creatures.
We headed back to the hotel at our usual time, but the girls were in for a special treat. Wes had them get into their pajamas and he and the girls headed out for a late night in the park. They rode Star Tours, The Haunted Mansion, and a few other rides with virtually no lines!
I stayed behind to put my little Vi Vi to bed and to get some extra rest. Lydia and Adelle told me the next morning how much fun they had with Wes on their late night adventure!
2 comments:
What a marvelous adventure. Your pictures are amazing!!! ...j
I've been there so many times with my Girls where I want to just give them a warning rather than let them miss out on the fun... but it's so important for them to learn that we mean what we say!
And on the Handicap restrooms, I had a lady chew me out because she was "Handicap" (BARELY if at all) and I was using the stall (forget the fact that I was 8 mos pregnant with 2 children I had to take in with me, AND actually had a Handicap tag hanging in my car at the time which she saw.... anyhow, it's true. Mom's with strollers, and kids sometimes have no option but to use the Handicap stalls.
Post a Comment