Friday, September 24, 2010

Violet is 9 months old!


I can't believe how much my little baby is growing up! This past Tuesday she turned 9 months old! She is changing and growing in so many ways. When I took the picture below she was desperately reaching for the camera. Moments later she landed flat on her face. Poor Girl!
Violet can be so super happy at times and other times she is so cranky that we resort to walking outside for an hour. She often likes walks! She is sleeping pretty well during the night. She absolutely loves eating solid foods. She prefers real food over baby food. She has tried corn, bread, oranges, green beans, cheese, fish, chicken, turkey, peaches, bananas, eggs; really I could keep going with this list. She loves to eat!
She is still nursing, even though she decided to go on a nursing strike a couple of weeks ago. She got scared after she bit me and I said "ouch" really loud. Every time I'd go to feed her she would cry and turn away from me. It took some coaxing and patience, but eventually she came back to me. She is very sensitive and can be very stubborn.
Violet is on the move. She does a sort of army crawl thing and can sit up. She has also started pulling herself up and standing. We had to lower her crib and take down her bear mobile. She babbles a lot and started saying "da da". I don't think she knows what it means, but Wes loves when she says it anyways.
She is getting so tall, and she is getting a lot more hair. She has four teeth now, which she likes to use to bite things, including our ankles and toes when she is roaming about on the floor. Wes said the other night that perhaps we should have named her Sunny from The Series of Unfortunate Events.
She really is getting her own little personality. We absolutely adore her!

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

She is a ray of sunshine indeed! ...j