Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ribbons at the State Fair

There is a girl at work who always enter items into the State Fair. I decided that we should follow suit ourselves. I figured with all the stressful things going we could use something fun. We entered the Civil War dress that made for me back in 2008. I blogged about it before http://thoughtsofliz.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-civil-war-costume.html. I entered the White Rabbit that I had made for Violet's Room. I blogged about it here http://thoughtsofliz.blogspot.com/2009/11/making-new-friends.html.

When we went to the fair we were quite pleased to see we both won a ribbon. Wes won Second Place in the woman's costumes. It was fun to explain to people admiring the dress that Wes had made it. I think they were quite surprised that it had been made by a man.
I was shocked that my little rabbit won second place in the Stuffed Animals with Clothes Category. He has some flaws so I didn't think I would get anything. I think Wes and the girls were surprised as well.
It was so much fun to see our items displayed that we may make it a new family tradition. The girls want to enter something next year as well. There is everything from art, to sewing, to cooking to photography...the options are almost limitless! Ellen and Erica joined us at the fair and we had a lot of fun hanging out with them.
We enjoyed looking at all of the entries in all the different categories. Did you know they even have scrapbooking?

We were hungry so we got an overpriced dinner. Hey it's the fair right? We couldn't pass up the animals. The girls LOVED seeing the sheep, goats, pigs, bunnies and pigeons. They didn't care much for the cows.



Violet got very excited. She even "baaaaaaad" at a sheep. The pigs made her laugh so hard. I love the age of discovery she is at!


On our way out of the Fair the girls stopped at the KSL booth. They got a chance to read the news and did wonderfully!!




Lydia said she just might want to be a journalist. I love my girls :)

3 comments:

Mahatma said...

What a great new tradition. I especially love the jr. news anchors! ...j

The Barnum Family said...

Congrats on your ribbons! I love fairs, but we didn't make it to any this year. It looks like it was a lot of fun.

Bonnie said...

I have always been impressed at your husbands talent. I wish I had it!