Sunday, November 8, 2009
Making New Friends
So after my renewed outlook of not stressing about Violet's arrival, I decided that I would like to make something special for my little girl. I know that the cross stitch I have been working on unfortunately isn't going to be done for YEARS! I just have to face that fact. Wes had made all sorts of wonderful things for Violet's room. Bumper pads, sheets, a crib skirt, a quilt, and he is going to hopefully put together the Tea Pot Lamp. I wanted to have at least one thing that I have made in her room.
After looking on Etsy for a white rabbit doll, I decided to make my very own. I didn't use a pattern. I just came up with my own. Yes, one leg is longer than the other and I did run into a few problems putting him together, but in the end I think he turned out pretty well. I hand embroidered his face.
Instead of putting on a tail I embroidered a little pink one on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
He is adorable Liz! Don't get discouraged about the cross-stitch. It's a big project and you are just beginning. My mom always tell me to put in atleast 2 hours a day and you can do it faster than you think. You are doing a great job!
The rabbit is so cute! His imperfections(like the one leg longer than the other) are what make him adorable and so precious.
I love the Alice in Wonderland theme! Awesome work, I am very impressed!
I love this. What a great little addition to the nursery and what a great theme idea! On a side note, I sent an email to Wes for some legal help. (I used your link, I hope that is okay). Will you let him know that it was me that needs help? Glad you put the link up!!! Thanks! (Jen Locke Garcia)
Post a Comment