Almost all of us came down with colds Halloween Eve, but it didn't stop us from getting dressed up and going out to enjoy the night. First, we went to our ward costume contest and trunk or treat which turned into a trick or treat inside the church thanks to the rain. Lydia even won a prize for her costume. Erica joined us right before we went out the door and we were all excited to have her with us.
After the church party we hit a few streets close to our house. Erica was a pirate wench! Love her!

Lydia already had shelter from the rain with her pretty, purple parasol. I love the dark, looming sky in this picture. It was a little hard for her to walk around in her dress thanks to the hoop skirt, but she did a great job. I could totally relate since I'd worn a hoop skirt two years earlier.

Violet was warm and
snugly as a cheetah! After a while she got tired of sitting in the stroller so I held her and she really loved going up to people's doors.

I didn't have any costumes that fit. I'm not quite at my pre-pregnancy
figure so I threw together a vampire costume at the last minute. Wes had in fact made the
corset and cape years earlier. The dress is a relic from times long past :)

Adelle was a little scared of me, especially when I hissed at her. He he!

It wasn't long before a very cold wind picked up and Adelle had to use the restroom so we quickly headed home.

The candy stash isn't as big as years past, but Adelle still got 172 pieces!

Erica hung out with us until the girls went to bed.
It ended up being a fun Halloween! I wonder what we'll dress up as next year ;)
3 comments:
You look mighty svelte in the corset dress, red has always been a good color for you. I love Violet's little cheetah suit. I can't believe what a great job Wes did matching Lydia's dress to her purple parasol and Adelle's pink umbrella was also a perfect match. That was so nice of Erica to join you. This is a really fun post!
Hi Liz!
Nick wants me to host another Christmas dinner/party this year (we didn't see you last year because Adelle was ill).
Anyway, I'm trying to coordinate dates, to find one that West's, Wallworks, and you guys will all have free; so that everyone can be there.
Will you email me (I don't have your email address) so that I can go in to more detail, and not end up taking a ton of space on your comment section :)
brick_i@yahoo.com
Thanks! Brooke Scheurer
looks like a fun halloween
Post a Comment