Friday, February 11, 2011

Great Grandparents

The very next day after our planetarium visit we decided to visit Wes' grandparents (on both sides) to deliver their belated Christmas presents. I had just made a New Year's resolution to take at least once picture every day, which by the way I have already not kept up with. I was starting to take pretty boring pictures. I appear to have gone completely backwards though and have not been taking many pictures again. I guess it is time to dust off the camera again. Anyway, I digress...this particular day I brought my camera.


We first stopped at Grandpa and Grandma Oates's house. The older girls were very respectful and behaved wonderfully. Violet enjoyed crawling around on the ultra plush carpet. Lydia was kind enough to help keep an eye with her while we chatted. Douglas (Wes' Grandpa) is an amazing man. He served in the Navy during World War II. He suffers from Parkinson's disease, but he still can get around pretty well. He will still work around the yard when he can. Wes' dad is wonderful to come help his parents with whatever they need.
We learned during our visit that Wes' Great Grandfather came from the Isle of Mann, which he hadn't been aware of. He also learned that his Great, Great Grandfather was a postman in Bingham Canyon.

Lois (Wes' Grandmother) is absolutely AMAZING. She is my role model for how I want to be when I am much older. She made Violet a beautiful quilt when she was born and she is always so positive and upbeat. She has such a strong love for her family. She is so sweet and kind. Both Wes' grandparents are so strong in the gospel. They enjoyed telling us about their mission they served as a retired couple in Chicago.
Before too long we headed out to Grandma Christensen's.

I just love her as well! I love that Wes has such a large, loving, extended family :) Ruth had just gotten home from a cruise. She loved giving the girls hugs. Unfortunately Violet got pretty crabby just a few minutes after we arrived and our visit was cut very short. I felt bad that we hadn't spent much time with her. Hopefully we will be able to spend more time with her in the near future!

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

Great pics of the girls with their Great Grandparents. A treasure they will keep I am sure.

I spent a few months on the Isle of Mann. It's touristy, but also very quaint. I loved it there.

Hugs! ...j