That's right folks. Can you say "Gateway computers are awful". I keep debating whether to buy a new one or get the old one repaired. Looking through my past posts you will see that this computer started me giving problems 6 months after I purchased it. It can be so expensive to get a new computer that is decent though. Also each machine is so new on the market it is hard to find any sort of reliable reviews. I'm not even sure where I will get the computer repaired at. Anyone have any ideas? It is bold of me to post a question here since I probably don't even have much of a reader base left anyway. **sigh** Well the ones who matter are still reading right?
Anyway, I will do my best to keep taking pictures, remembering events, and stockpiling posts for when I can get on and update. One of the main reasons I will never give up is I am determined to continue with the blog books every year.
3 comments:
We had MANY problems with a store bought computer. I think it was an eMachine. Anyway, it was TERRIBLE. So we had a friend help us purchase parts for what we wanted to use the computer for and he helped us build it. It cost us between $300-$400 for all the parts we needed. Our teeny, tiny crappy eMachine cost almost $900. And this new one we built was 10x faster and 3x more memory than the old one. And we still have room to add more to it if we wanted. Anyway, just an idea. If you know how, or know someone who can help you, building your own computer is definitely the way to go.
no great computer advice... I finally spurged and bought me one this year with taxes to replace the one that died on me :(.
just letting you know, I still check in for new updates :)
When I have had repairs in the past, they haven't lasted. My last one only lasted 18 months before I broke down and bought a new one. I've had pretty good luck with my current laptop purchased at Best Buy with the extended warranty. ...j
Post a Comment