Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Year's Eve and Sister Party!

We didn't have anything huge planned for New Year's Eve. That day there was a pretty big snowstorm, Wes worked, Adelle went shopping with Grandma Ellen to Build-A-Bear, and I made a New Year Purchase of an exercise bike. I spent a few hours putting the bike together and Lydia was great keeping an eye on Violet. You should have seen me drive the bike home in my little car. On second though, I hope nobody saw it.

Anyway, we ordered Pizza as night closed in and then we decided to watch Despicable Me. Wes fell asleep in front of the heater, but I woke him up before it grew too late. Lydia and Adelle got special permission to stay up late in their room and have their own special party. They got to have popcorn and watched Barbie Swan Lake. They were so excited they could hardly contain themselves.









Just ignore the mess that surrounds them :) At 11:00 I checked on them. Lydia was sitting half dazed on her bed and Adelle was begging Lydia to watch another movie. The rule was if someone got tired both girls would need to go to bed. Lydia just wanted to sleep so their fun was over and Adelle had a small meltdown. I reminded her that if she ever wanted to have a late night again she should listen.

Wes played a video game while I read the Hunger Games. We rang in the new year side by side on the couch enjoying ourselves. We of course began the year with a kiss. Before long we both turned in.

1 comment: