The evening started out with each of us sitting down at a table and guessing how much was in jars. One jar was filled with quarters, another with peanut M&M's, another with Reese's Peanut Butter cups, and there was one last jar for the kids to guess that was filled with Swedish Fish.
From there we sat down and enjoyed wonderful food! Violet especially loved the cheesy potatoes and she even tried some crab. We always go back for seconds and love chatting around the table.
After dinner Violet enjoyed crawling around the very large house. Wes trailed behind Violet keeping her safe. I loved watching him crawl right behind her playing and keeping her company. He is such a great daddy! Wes quickly pulled her away from the power cords and the giant Christmas tree.
Then we all sat down and played a game with Forrest (Wes' uncle) involving envelopes of money. None of us every go away with empty pockets.
Violet hung out with Grandpa Bill for a little bit. He has just retired and so she gets to see more of him when Violet goes over to Grandma's house.
After the money game they announced the winners of the guessing games. I was the LUCKY one. I guessed there were 680 quarters and was the closest. The grand total was 700, which equals $175. The jar is super heavy. I'm still not sure what to do with that many quarters. I haven't decided whether to buy paper rolls and take them to the bank or just use them as a very expensive and heavy paper weight. If I was a gambling girl I could go to Vegas. Funny enough Sharon (who is married to Forrest), was trying to get rid of the quarters. I know, surprising! Forrest had a slot machine and got tired of running the quarters through when he got a big payoff, so instead all the quarters became a treasure chest for the grand kids. The jar I have is less than 1/4 of how much they had though. Sharon said that she couldn't give them all away in one jar because it would have been too heavy to pick up. Yikes! Anyway, I was pleased I won!
The kids all got bags of goodies with stickers and small toys. Adelle couldn't wait to get started making her sticker gingerbread house.
Devin and Kyle hanging out.
No comments:
Post a Comment