Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas Eve with Grandma Julie

In the early afternoon of Christmas Eve we headed over to Grandma Julie's house. Lydia wasn't going to be will us very long on Christmas Day so we ended up doing all of our family visiting on Christmas Eve. It was wonderful to see Grandma Julie. We love her SO much. Violet got to practice her present opening skills again. Everyone was just spoiled as usual :) Adelle got Kit an American Girl Doll.
Lydia got a beautiful, little figure to hang from her ceiling in her room.


We gave uncle Phil a new Shaun the Sheep DVD. It was wonderful to see him.

Adelle also got a wonderful, little figure to hand from her bedroom ceiling. Each of the figurines remind me of my girls.


Violet got a shopping cart full of play food. Her favorite items have been the pretend eggs. I often find them in odd places, including her ball maze.
Uncle Phil gave us Yahtzee!


Lydia was quite pleased to get make-up! She loved all of the different colors.
Aunt Allie gave Violet "Many Kisses Elmo". Poor Elmo's leg was injured when I tried to get him out of the box with Wes' brand new pocket knife from Julie. I quickly fixed up Elmo when we got home though and he has been a big hit.


We got many other wonderful presents as well! Adelle even sang her songs from her school program to Grandma Julie and she seemed quite touched. I wish we would have been able to come over the next day and spent time with all of the family, but I am grateful for the time we did spend with Grandma Julie.

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

It was a grat day! So glad the kids are happy with their surprises. Hugs! ...j