Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Glorious Christmas Day

Lydia and Adelle were not allowed to wake us up before 7:00. They are always so excited. I myself always have a little bit of a hard time sleeping. This year we had a mini tree on top of a table. We did this to keep our little Vi Vi away from the lights and ornaments. We didn't put out presents until the day before and then they were piled on my computer chair and desk. Santa's presents arrived in the middle of the night of course.

The girls asked me to put out Santa's treat this year. They delegated. I chose some leftover cannolis that Randy had made and that we had stolen off with at the recent friend Christmas party. Santa thanked the girls for the different treat in his annual letter.

We always eat breakfast before opening presents. I usually make something bigger, but Wes said we should keep it low key. Lydia and I still ended up with an omelet though because it sounded good to us :)

Violet got a special bear from Santa. His paws and ears change color in the sun. Honestly, he hasn't been played with much because she has so many stuffed animals. She did get a Little People Barn from Mommy and Daddy that she really has enjoyed. She really likes to show us how she can moo like a cow!



I love her bright penguin pajamas and that big, big smile. She is such a funny baby! Violet helped open many of her presents. It was fun she could participate this year.



Lydia and Adelle got on their new outfits from Grandma Julie and we all had fun taking turns opening presents. We captured it all on film. It has become our Christmas tradition.






The girls got a lot of presents!!! Wes and I got some great presents too. Wes really loves the two blog books. I made both 2008 and 2009 into books. It is wonderful to have our own little family history in beautiful, colorful books. It has been funny too when Wes has forgotten certain things to pull out the books and remind him :) I have even caught the girls reading the books. I got a external hard drive which is priceless since my computer is on the fritz. I copied all of my personal files onto the drive so if my computer dies I will not lose all my important stuff. I also got gift certificates to go clothes shopping. I would like to lose a little more weight before using those though.


We had so much fun and we were sad when Lydia had to leave to spend time with her Dad. We spent the rest of the day hanging out. Wes played a new video game. Adelle had fun making her very own story thanks to a story making kit she received from her Aunt Erica. Before Lydia left for the day the girls enjoyed playing with their Zhu Zhu hamsters. I wasn't sure what to do with myself. By the end of the day though Adelle was sad. She had the end of holiday blues. I tried to be silly and cheer her up. I also reminded her that New Year's Eve was just around the corner.

It was a different holiday. There were some moments of sadness with my father being gone, but I cherished the family time and the time I had off of work! There is nothing like spending time with my family.

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

All three of the girls look darling. I was happy to see Lydia and Adelle in their new outfits. And Violet in her penguin pajamas looks adorable! ...j