Violet has changed so much this past year. Now that she is 12 months she is eating pretty much everything she can get her hands on. She still isn't a fan of green beans and will throw them on the floor. She is still breastfeeding a 3 or 4 times a day, but she also has cow's milk at times, especially when we sit down at dinner. Eventually I'm sure I'll wean her, but for now it is so convenient and I know it is still healthy for her.
Violet understands so much now and can say certain words. She tries to say milk, she can say "Daddy". On rare occasions she will say "Mama". She calls Lydia "Dede" and she can say "kitty". She has also learned some sign language from her Baby Signing Time DVD. She knows how to sign "milk" and "more".
Violet isn't walking yet. She can crawl very, very fast. She can pull herself up and stand and she'll even take some steps if we are holding onto her, but she just isn't very interested yet in walking. I'm in no hurry for her to grow up so I'm not worried.
Violet loves it when we count with her and counting books and touch and feel books are her favorite. She likes playing with her little people house and barn and enjoys pushing buttons that make noise. She can be a trouble maker though. Yesterday she managed to pull a glass door of our enertainment stand. The frame under the door was cracked already, but she managed to finish off the stand.
She is growing more and more. At her one year old appointment she was in the 90% for height, but only in the 20% for height. Her head is average size.
She is a pretty happy baby most of the time and loves to laugh and play. She is quite the character. She makes me so happy and I feel so blessed to have such a special baby girl.
1 comment:
Just keep enjoying her. They grow so quickly. ...j
Post a Comment