Monday, April 4, 2011

Celebrations for my Singing Sensation

After the choir concert we couldn't resist going out for ice cream, even if it was chilly. We had fun laughing and chatting. Lydia was relieved that everything went well and she was grinning ear to ear. Wes and his silly fries. Adelle enjoyed her cherry topped ice cream cone.
Violet surprisingly didn't do too bad at the concert which was wonderful. Granted we bribed her with graham crackers and then fed her ice cream afterwards.

I love these moments when we can hang out together and celebrate! Lydia actually has two more performances this next week. One for the younger grades and one for the older grades at school. I hope she won't be too nervous. We talked about some ways not to be nervous when singing. I told her what has helped me most is to imagine no one else is around. Also, since she was singing a song from a musical I told her she could imagine she was Cosette. She said it helped. She was amazing!

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

And it was certainly a performance worth celebrating! ...j