Last Saturday we were as close to ready as possible for Adelle's Harry Potter Birthday Party.

Adelle got all dressed up in her Hogwarts robes.

The first thing we did when the kids arrived was to sort them into houses. My cell phone was tucked up in a pocket inside the hat (on speaker) and Wes did an amazing job voicing the sorting hat. I wish I would have gotten a picture of Adelle being sorted. She was sorted into
Gryffindor. None of the kids were put in
Slytherin because as Ron says "There isn't a witch or wizard in
Slytherin who hasn't gone bad". The kids were all really excited.




From their the kids were
separated into the three different houses and we had classes. I wish I would have been able to take pictures, but I was busy being the
Herbology teacher. I was Professor Violette. Lydia was Professor English and taught Ancient Runes. Wes was Professor
Snape, the brother to the actual Professor
Snape, and taught Potions. It was very busy, but it went pretty well. From there Adelle opened presents. Now when I was a kid growing up small presents were usually exchanged at friend parties. Some of the kids gave pretty big gifts. Adelle got everything from
legos, to craft kits, to
jewelry and dress up clothes.

She even got some more Littlest Pets to add to her large collection.


Then it was time for her to open our presents. We got her the
Beedle the Bard book and some other fun Hogwarts books. We also gave her a
Webkinz Owl that looks like Hedwig. She was especially excited about that.

I even picked her up a little Lego set that has Lucias
Malfoy,
Dobby, and Harry Potter.


The present I was most excited for her to open was a wood wand from
Alvian's.

It was pretty exciting!

I was grateful the weather was warm so the kids could eat and play outside. We had pizza and the yummy snitch cake.

After lunch the kids opened their potions to find they had transformed from worms to wonderful butterflies.

Adelle was a little hard to keep occupied at times, but overall she did great. She was eyeing the leftovers at the end despite eating her own goodies.

After everything was done we loaded the kids up with their books, potted pumpkins, runes scroll and their treat bag. We were so tired when it was all done, but everyone seemed to have a good time. I am sure Adelle will remember this party for years to come...well at least I hope :)
1 comment:
Trust me, Adelle will remember it always, and she will feel special as she realizes the loving thoughtfulness of her family in creating such a special event. Hugs, j
Post a Comment