Monday, May 23, 2011

Eggcelent!

The Saturday before Easter the girls and I sat down together to dye eggs. We put down our Christmas tablecloth, got out our dyes, vinegar, boiled the eggs and had some fun!

Don't you just love the trick of coloring the eggs with crayon before dying them. We each enjoyed making our own little patterns and spring scenes.




Lyda recently asked for an early birthday present of a perm. I didn't realize how much it would set us back, but she looks beautiful! If you can believe it she will be turning 12 in June.


Adelle was quite sad when she dented the shell on this egg, but got the great idea to make it into a rocket ship. When she peeled it open there were all sorts of fun patterns on the actual egg.


She has such enthusiasm. Thank heavens the girls and I adore hard boiled eggs. Even Violet is a huge fan. If only they lasted longer in our house!

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

What a fun memory and adorable colored eggs! ...j