Monday, May 23, 2011

Easter in All its Glory!

Adelle loves the Easter Bunny. We believe that Christ was resurrected and we celebrate it on Easter, but Adelle will never let you forget about the Easter Bunny and the Easter egg hunt. She is often the first one up peeking around corners to find eggs. Lydia and Adelle can be especially competitive, and at times you will hear bickering about who saw which egg first. Lydia is maturing though and kept chiding Adelle for taking the "easy" eggs that Violet could reach. In the end all of the eggs are opened and put in our family candy jar anyway, but there must be something glorious to the rattling, plastic eggs filling your very own Easter basket. Grandma Julie gave the girls beautiful and wonderfully colorful outfits again this year. I being the less than stellar daughter still haven't managed to snap a picture of all the girls in their glorious outfits. I did manage to catch this action shot of Adelle in her fashionable garb though. Granted her hair is still pretty slick in this picture.

Violet wandered around in her pajamas finding eggs. We had to keep an eye on her because she liked to pop open the eggs, which would then leak jelly beans everywhere. She has a unique talent for being able to stuff her mouth with oodles of food in a very short amount of time. The poor girl got quite upset that we wouldn't let her enjoy her sugary, colorful morsels.



Lydia was mortified that I was taking pictures of her in her pajamas. The mammoth egg she is carrying is actually from her super Aunt Erica. You can read more about her amazing Easter hunt for the girls here http://jollyrogerlove.blogspot.com/.



The Easter bunny brought peeps for each of the girls, personalized marshmallow eggs, sidewalk chalk for Adelle, an Easter themed rubber duck for Violet, and body wash for Lydia. In their Easter egg hunt the eggs were filled with jelly beans and a few were filled with money. Ahh the smell of sugar. It was a fun day. Later we enjoyed ham, veggies, and I made for the first time....cheesy funeral potatoes. In fact, I will be entering them in the Oates Funeral Potato cook off this Sunday. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

Gotta love Adelle's enthusiasm. She embraces life with gusto! I'm with Lydia, please don't take my pic in my pj's.

Peeps are always a favorite at our house. I have to hide them from Grandma Johnson or she will eat them all. Hugs! ...j