Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dinosaurs, Tigers and Little Girls at the Zoo!

I have totally been slacking when it comes to blogging. I really need to get back to doing it again. The pictures are piling up on my digital camera, and I am finding less to say about the pictures because it has been a few months since the events happened. I really must do better. I have few readers I know, but more importantly I print the blog off each year and it has become our little history.

Early June we headed off to the zoo for free. I will have to tell more about free stuff later. I won the tickets on Movin 100.7. You can't beat free and I was super excited to take the girls especially Violet since she had never been before. Wes wanted to come too. Erica and her fiance, Phil, joined us as well. Oh, by the way, Erica is engaged! I wish we would have gotten some pictures of them. We came in the back way which was a lot less crowded, found our way and headed out to see the animals.

We headed over the the Big Cat section. They don't have lions anymore, but they had plenty of other feline creatures, including these beautiful tigers.



The Zoo has a special even going on this year. Zoorasic Park! They have several animatronic dinosaurs throughout the park. They even had a dinosaur that spit water. Which was great on a hot day.




The dinosaurs moved slower than I thought they would, but they were fun to see. Violet thought the big T-Rex was pretty cool! Some of her favorite books right now are the "How does a Dinosaur" books.

Even the older girls seemed to like the dinosaurs.







We saw the smaller animals next. I think Violet probably liked those the best because she was able to get so close to them.





She especially loved this little guy. She was so excited to see him eating and kept signing carrot.





My favorite animals are the monkeys. It is probably because they are so similar to us in so many ways.


It was pretty funny when Violet would see an animal and then start making the noise that the animal makes.


Even though Lydia is now 12 she still seemed to enjoy seeing everything.


Adelle had a fun time.


Erica even let her take some pictures with her camera.






I loved seeing the baby elephant with its momma.

Part of the zoo is entirely under construction so there weren't any zebras or bears. We still had a great time. I had thought of buying a family pass earlier in the year, but I think the once will probably be enough for the summer. We do have some other free events we can do. We aren't doing a big vacation this year because it is hard to take Violet too far with the stage she is at right now. Besides after our TV went out and with money put into some backyard projects we probably shouldn't spend money on a big, grand vacation. I love family adventures and the zoo was great!

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

Violet is at a great age for the zoo, full of wonder. I love the baby elephant and her mamma too! ...j