The Saturday before Halloween we decided it would be fun to take the girls out in costume and do some early trick or treating. We weren't looking for extra candy, but rather a chance to visit. We stopped first at Grandma Julie's house. I should have remembered to take pictures. I just adore Grandma Julie! We visited for a bit and gave her a late birthday present. She gave us a yummy mummy cake from Schmidt's Bakery.
After Grandma Julie's we stopped at Great Grandma Walter's. She was really looking forward to the girls coming. I remembered to get pictures there. Adelle was
Arwen this year. Wes made this dress for Lydia several years ago and Adelle really wanted to wear it. She even had the butterfly crown that I made years ago.

Violet was little Elmo. It was actually Adelle's costume years ago. She ran all around Grandma's apartment and it was hard to snap a picture of her.

Wes put all the energy this Halloween into my costume. It is a
steampunk dress. Never heard of it?
Steampunk is a fictional era or style combining the
Victorian era with more technological advances. Most of the machines would have been steam operated since that is the technology that would have existed, but everything is taken to the next level. So the clothing style is Victorian slightly morphed. It is my favorite costume that Wes has made for me so far!

Lydia really enjoyed wearing her medieval dress. It was much more comfortable to wear in colder weather with all of the layers.

Wes didn't dress up this year. Honestly it has been a few years since I've been able to get him to dress up. He always runs out of time to make something for himself. I'm trying to convince him to make a
steampunk outfit for next year.

We all had to get a picture with Grandma Walter. She was so happy to see us. So happy in fact that she even took us to a few of her neighbors.

Our last stop on the trick or treat tour was Grandma and Grandpa Oates. Grandpa always gets out the camera when the girls stop by. Ellen had been sick and I know it was great for her to see my munchkins.

Violet went straight for the piano. Lydia and Adelle joined in too. While it wasn't exactly music they still had fun.

Grandpa even took a moment to read to Violet.

From there it was nap time for our little red monster. We headed home and were surprised with Halloween cards in the mail. Thanks Grandma Julie. We ate lunch and even munched on the mummy!
No comments:
Post a Comment