
Or whole entire family (of four) was very interested in the elections this year. Wes and I voted a whole week and a half early and the girls came with us. As you know Lydia would like to be President some day and so she has been very interested in this election. She has learned a lot about the political process. Lydia actually wanted to stay up late Tuesday night to see the results, but Wes and I thought it would take a while to actually get the result. In past years it has taken forever! Do you remember 2000? It took weeks!! Lydia made me promise to tell her first thing in the morning who won.
We actually like Obama and voted for him this election. It actually was a prayerful decision for me. I think a lot of slanderous things where said about him that are untrue. I don't think we should fear having him as our next President. I really love his hopeful message and his positive outlook and I am so very excited for our future. Wes and I were just grinning ear to ear when we got the results. I really enjoyed McCain's speech. He said some wonderful things about the country needing to unite and support our new President. It was the best speech I have heard him give this campaign.
I Loved Obama's speech! I actually got a little teary during it! There were so many people celebrating everywhere across this country! It was such a historic moment as well! It has really filled me with a hope that things can get better for us as Americans. I think International relations will improve as well. I have been ashamed at times to see what our country has done. Everything from detaining and torturing prisoners with no hope of legal representation or trial to starting a war under false pretenses. I love my country and I know it can be great. It is interesting how happy I have felt these past couple of days! I didn't realize that the state of the country was worrying me so much. I am not saying that sudennly everything will be fixed and perfect. That is impossible! There is such a joy and hope though!
I think we all should unite and be hopeful about what our future holds. We may have different opinions, we may have voted for someone else, but we can all do our personal best to make our country a wonderful place to live!
By the way, the next morning when I went down to give Lydia the results she was so cute! She said "Yes"!!
We actually like Obama and voted for him this election. It actually was a prayerful decision for me. I think a lot of slanderous things where said about him that are untrue. I don't think we should fear having him as our next President. I really love his hopeful message and his positive outlook and I am so very excited for our future. Wes and I were just grinning ear to ear when we got the results. I really enjoyed McCain's speech. He said some wonderful things about the country needing to unite and support our new President. It was the best speech I have heard him give this campaign.
I Loved Obama's speech! I actually got a little teary during it! There were so many people celebrating everywhere across this country! It was such a historic moment as well! It has really filled me with a hope that things can get better for us as Americans. I think International relations will improve as well. I have been ashamed at times to see what our country has done. Everything from detaining and torturing prisoners with no hope of legal representation or trial to starting a war under false pretenses. I love my country and I know it can be great. It is interesting how happy I have felt these past couple of days! I didn't realize that the state of the country was worrying me so much. I am not saying that sudennly everything will be fixed and perfect. That is impossible! There is such a joy and hope though!
I think we all should unite and be hopeful about what our future holds. We may have different opinions, we may have voted for someone else, but we can all do our personal best to make our country a wonderful place to live!
By the way, the next morning when I went down to give Lydia the results she was so cute! She said "Yes"!!
1 comment:
The Chinese people I've talked to are all rather excited that Obama has been elected president. I think the world was quite ready for a change--the stock markets in Asia are doing better now that Obama has been elected. I'm glad that Lydia is so excited about the whole political process--most children aren't. You can tell her that I'll vote for her when she runs for president in the future. And that I would like some of her candy corn and or something chocolatey when I get back from China.
Post a Comment