Thursday, November 13, 2008

A visit to the Tracy Aviary

This past Saturday our family went to the Tracy Aviary. Lydia received a free family pass when she went on a Field Trip with her school. We had a lot of fun seeing all the different birds even though it was a little chilly. We enjoyed feeding the pelicans.




The girls favorite bird was the Cuckoo. These birds were so very friendly. They would chirp away at us and walk along the cage looking at us.









A Bald Eagle. A lot of the birds at the Aviary are rescued birds. It is a very grand bird up close!




This bird was quite funny. I think it was hoping we had food for it!



Lydia participated in the bird show. A little bird hopped from one hand to the other. I love Lydia's face.








Flamingos!



Adelle found this large feather on the sidewalk and carried it around our whole visit.








Afterwards we went to the Aviary store and colored pictures and bought a birdseed bell to feed our local birds this winter.



We were planning on going to the Spaghetti Factory afterwards at Trolley Square. The Trolley Square was celebrating its 100th Anniversary and the Spaghetti Factory was celebrating with 1979 prices. When we went there though there was a 2.5 hour wait. We tried to hold out, but just couldn't make it. We ended up going to Hires down the street. The food was great, but it wasn't as cheap as I thought it would be. Oh well!




1 comment:

Erica said...

Cute pictures! I especially like the one of Adelle and the menu and the one with Lydia and the bird. She's a lot braver than I was at her age. Sounds like you had a lot of fun visiting the aviary.