We started at the Trunk or Treat at our ward house.
I just had to snap a picture of our bishops wife (left) with her dark make up and fake face piercings.
A lot of people at the Trunk or Treat were so impressed with my costume and even more impressed that my husband made it! Several people wanted to take pictures and a few little girls thought I was Cinderella.
After we had made our rounds we headed back home and went around the nearby neighborhoods. The weather was so perfect!
The girls really got the hang of what to do!
This house really scared Adelle! There was creepy music on the porch and fog and all sorts of decorations. I couldn't get her to approach the door. The woman in the house came out on the porch to give candy to Adelle because she was so scared. Adelle later said "it creeped her out". Where do kids pick up these things! Lydia and Adelle both got scared when we went to another house that was just a few houses down. There was someone sitting on the porch with an alien mask. It was hard to tell if he was real or not. Lydia and Adelle didn't want to approach the alien to get the candy that was sitting in front of the figure. I had to hold Adelle's hand and convince both of them to get some candy. Some older kids approached right after us and sure enough the figure moved and tried to scare them. At least the person was nice enough not to scare my girls more.
The girls bags eventually just got to heavy and so we headed home. We poured out the bags to check all of the candy and then the girls picked out some of their favorites to eat. The girls even did a little bit of trading. Lydia wanted anything that was sour and since Adelle hates sour candy it worked out.
3 comments:
O Liz, your girls are just beautiful. I love that you dressed up too. I think it makes it so much fun. We did a trunk-or-treat with my mother-in-law's ward too. Happy Halloween1
that is really impressive that wes made your costume wow! sounded like a fun halloween, i remember when you were a witch one year when we were young
Neato costume! Give Wes a pat on the back for the effort that went into your lovely Civil War era dress. Adelle and Lydia looked really cute in their Lord of the Rings outfits. Tell them that they owe me candy when I get back from China since I couldn't go trick-or-treating.
Post a Comment