We finally carved pumpkins this afternoon. The girls and I were hanging out in the living room when I heard W
es scraping the pumpkins. That's right...he had started without us. He said he was just trying to be nice and take care of the messy part.

We of course objected and had to jump in too.

Lydia didn't mind getting dirty at all. Adelle hates getting her hands slimy and didn't want to help with the cleaning. She was going to try but Wes scared her. She was about to put her hand in the pumpkin when suddenly Wes made a loud buzzing noise. She was scared to death and ran all the way downstairs crying. After consoling her Adelle and I started designing her pumpkin.

She drew out the eyes and mouth. I helped a little :)

Adelle thinks her pumpkin looks like a bunny because of its front teeth.
Lydia chose a stencil out of the pumpkin carving book. Both her and Wes took turns cutting out the design.

They both did a wonderful job!!

We are planning on putting the pumpkins on the porch later tonight when we are home. Hopefully they won't get stolen too quickly. Last time 3 of our 4 pumpkins were stolen while we were still awake in the house and when all of the lights were on. Here's hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment