My friend Steph tagged me to post 7 random facts about myself. Here goes nothing...
1. I get really excited for General Conference every 6 months. I like to catch each and every session if I can. I have a hard time sitting and watching conference though. I almost always fall asleep no matter how hard I try. So I have come up with a plan for myself. I usually have some sort of project. This morning I deep cleaned the house while listening to conference on my MP3 player. This afternoon I cross stitched. I always feel so uplifted after listening:)
2. My biggest goal right now is to become a stay at home mom. I can't wait for the day when I can be home with my girls and take care of them. I have wonderful images of what it will be like. I see myself in a clean home with something baking in the oven giving the whole home a pleasant aroma. I can imagine walking my girls to and from school each and every day and imagine having another child. It probably sounds a little cheesy, but that is me.
3. I love a clean house. When the house is clean I am able to relax easier and am able to feel the spirit more. Working 40 hours a week (45 this last week) makes it hard to keep it that way. I have learned at times to just ignore the full sink of dishes and toys scattered though out the house. I would go crazy if I didn't. I think I may have picked up this trait from my mother.
4. I will rarely read grown up, modern books anymore unless they have been recommended to me by someone I trust. I usually stick to the classics or Juvenile Fiction (Harry Potter Series, Series of Unfortunate Events, etc.). Too many times I have picked up a modern novel and found that it is filled with swearing, sex scenes, or other things I don't care to immerse myself in.
5. I love to kiss and snuggle my girls. They get them when I leave every day and before bed every night. It has become a habit for all of us in the family. We like being close.
6. I enjoy cooking when I can take the time to experiment with the food and ingredients. Usually dinners are the best when I have followed a "craving" for something. My family has learned to trust these experiments. Sometimes they have been leery to try new things, but once they bite into it they generally love it.
7. I enjoy simplifying things in my life. I like the fact that there is little that we buy as a family. We have learned that there are few things that you need to buy or have. It is okay to have a small house, worn clothes and used cars. All that really matters to me is my family and the gospel. I love finding joy in the simple things.
Well I probably took this too seriously, but I enjoyed sharing. I also enjoyed reading Liz's and Steph's facts :)
Okay...so I tag Tiffany, Emma, Kandis, Michelle, Erica, Bonnie, and Bob and Ronda.
2 comments:
Thanks for tagging me. I shared 7 facts and tagged 7 others. I love being a stay-at-home mom. It is a worthy goal and you will enjoy it too. It is an adjustment at first though.
I love your 7 Random Facts about me. If you ever get to your dream goal of being a stay at home mom then you need to get on the Fly lady's website. www.flylady.net. It has great schedules and ideas for keeping the house from being cluttered etc. It has helped me so much now that I don't work as much. Also, another great cookbook that is easy to plan for a busy family is "Saving Dinner" by Elaine Flyy. It has a grocery list for each week and it goes by seasons. I love reading your blog. You inspire me!
Post a Comment