Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Do you ever get tired of all of the uneducated opinions?

I don't usually vent on my blog, but I have just about had it! I wish people would educate themselves more fully when it comes to issues that effect them and sometimes don't effect them. I have gotten several e-mails through work about presidential candidates that just don't have any fact or basis to them. It is just a simple case of forwarding what comes their way. They personally haven't done any research but assume that all of these things are true.

Also, I am a little tired of everything related to Proposition 8 in California. I think there are individuals on both sides that are throwing in issues that are completely unrelated to the proposition. Things are being said that are hurtful and downright UNTRUE or are not related to what is trying to be done.

I know this is cliche, but can't we all just get along? If you are going to fight another side or throw out opinions please, please, please take the time to educate yourself on the issues.

By the way, Obama is not a citizen of Indonesia or a terrorist. We all can choose who we vote for. That is what makes America wonderful, but don't throw around untrue statements about either candidate. Far too many people will believe these statements and use them to make decisions about who to vote for. Education is the key here. Just a little bit of extra time to find truth.

I will now get off my soapbox. I must say I do feel a little better :) Thanks for listening!

By the way, I love all of my friends and family and none of these comments are directed to any specific individuals :)

6 comments:

The Circus said...

Here Here!

Tiffany said...

Amen sister!!

Erica said...

I agree with you 100%! I think one of the biggest problems in America is that there are people who don't bother learning both sides of the issue and form their opinion based on the ridiculously untrue emails and whatnot floating around the internet. It's sad, really--makes me wonder if the Electoral College is really such a bad thing...

airportbabe said...

well said.

Tina said...

OK! I had to go look at all your older posts! So sad I missed your play! You looked like you had so much fun!!! :) Oh, and i was married on Aug 8, 2002...so a week before you! How funny! Your blog is great! :)

Tina said...

One more thing! Wes's costumes are amazing!!! What a talent!