Friday, October 10, 2008

Discovering Scissors



So I came home from work on Monday and started making dinner. Adelle was cleaning her room. Wes and I went to check on her and oddly enough we found cut pieces of paper around her room. Wes knew right away that she must have gotten the scissors. I couldn't let dinner burn so I went back to what I was doing. Wes and Adelle were in the bedroom for a long time talking. I called out that dinner was done and they joined us.
Wes said "Adelle, tell mommy what you cut". My mind was just racing and wondering what on earth she had decided to shear. Her hair wasn't cut. I could see that just by looking at her. Well she starts out with "Paper". Then Wes says "What else". This went on for a while. I kept growing more nervous as the list went on. It ranged from paper, her sea lion's whiskers, the ties on a Sunday Dress and finally ended with Princess Fiona's hair. At least she just slightly shortened the ties on her dress and didn't cut them completely off. Poor Princess Fiona's hair will never grow back though. She was a souvenior from our California Vacation last year.
I guess it could have been so much worse. I of course told Adelle that we should never play with scissors. They just weren't any scissors either. They were my kitchen shears out of the cutting block!! I advised her how dangerous they are and that she could have cut herself. I actually have a scar from my kitchen shears when I stabbed myself in the wrist. Don't ask! Yes, it was an accident. She went to time out for 10 minutes and she will now have to live with "special" hair Fiona. I just had to laugh later when she wasn't listening. Adelle and her antics~!!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Eeep! I'm glad that Adelle didn't decide to cut anything else with those scissors... Poor Fiona. I remember the first time I discovered I could use scissors on my Barbies...it really is a shame their hair doesn't grow back.