Friday, October 10, 2008

Free Chocolate Milk?

So the other day I came home from work and Wes was in the best mood! He just had to tell me his hillarious story. He was driving home with the girls the other day when they saw a sign for Free Chocolate Milk next to a Winder Dairy Truck. They just couldn't pass it up so they stopped to claim their yummy chocolatey goodness.



Come to find out in order to get the chocolate milk you had to listen to a sales pitch from Winder Dairy. Wes decides that this isn't going to stand. What does he say you ask?? His legal mind brings up contracts. He advised the milk man that the sign is a promise and contract for free chocolate milk and that they should be entitled to what was promised. The milk man looks over at his shoulder at another Winder Dairy Employee who says "You don't have to give him any". Wes proceeds to say something like "Oh, this is all of Winder Dairy doing this eh". Wes proceeds to turn to go and the milk man just freaks. He says that Wes and the girls can have Chocolate Milk and that he wasn't aware that he was breaking a Federal Law. The guy is just terrified and worried he has committed a crime!!! Wes informed the man that he wasn't committing a crime and thanked him for the chocolate milk.



What can I say? I of course probably would have just listened to the sales pitch or said "No Thank You", but Wes had to show the girls to stand up for truth and conviction. I am never going to look at the free milk signs the same again. After the story I was wondering where the chocolate milk was. He informed me that it was just small glasses of chocolate milk (not a container) and that it was delicious! Welcome to my world!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Wahoo! Go Wes and his amazing lawyer-powers! That's neat that he got the girls free chocolate milk, and that they watched him do so. I'd like some chocolate milk, actually...hmmm...

The Circus said...

what do you know, I saw the same sign while driving with my girls and pulled over for free chocolate milk. Indeed, it was only a SMALL cup, but at least our winder dairy guys gave it to us to drink while we listened to the five minute pitch ha ha

Tiffany said...

LOL, I can totally see Wes doing that! That's hilarious, I too would have been patient and just said "no thanks"