Thursday, March 10, 2011

Love is in the Air

I was inspired by Nie Nie's blog. If you haven't checked her blog out yet you should! She is in my blog roll. She decorated her house with homemade hearts for Valentine's Day. I decided to do the same. The first thing I made for Wes and the girls were heart pockets. I decided they would be a special place to put love letters for my family members. I was hoping to do several letters. I think my family members each got two, which is something I guess. I had so much fun writing to them. The girls felt so special to get their letters from me. Violet I'm sure didn't notice, but they went into her special memory box. Wes seemed quite touched as well :) I used home made paper from Papel Especially for You http://papelespeciallyforyou.blogspot.com/.

I placed these hearts on my pantry door and several in the living room.



Lydia and Adelle loved coming home from school to find the living room all decorated. They both were inspired to make hearts to put up in the kitchen.

The hearts came down a few weeks later, but I ended up missing a couple so I still see them on my walls. I really haven't been in a hurry to take the last ones down. They add a little something fun to the house. Perhaps we will have to decorate for more holidays.

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

It's the little things like decorating for the different holidays that matter to kids. What a great mom you are! ...j