We made plans for
Wes's family to join us on Christmas night. I decided instead of cooking the usual cheesy potatoes and ham I was going to be brave and cook a very large Turkey. I got it free at
Winco thanks to a special they were running. I think it was 22 pounds! Turkeys have always made me nervous, not of course the live turkey, but the actual cooking of one. I fear dry meat, and I did not want to fall in the category of making a dry, parched turkey. I decided to use the recipe from a Real Simple magazine and made a cider glazed turkey. It required basting every half an hour, but it was so worth it. The turkey to my delight ended up being so yummy and moist! Thank you Martha Stewart.

We squished everyone into our compact living room. I love family get
togethers!


While we all ate and waited to open presents Violet played with Mac and Lightning.

One of the great things about buying Lydia a camera is not only is she taking pictures, but she also lets us take her picture now! Erica was really missing Phil, her Fiancee.

Adelle loves holidays so much and she always gets so excited.

Once everyone had eaten we all exchanged presents. We gave Ellen a super soft blanket. She hadn't been feeling very well and needed to rest a lot, so we figured a blanket would help with her resting time.
1 comment:
Great pics! Violet is such a blondie and looks darling. Glad you had good luck with your turkey it looks yummy. j
Post a Comment