Sunday, June 3, 2012

Erica's Big Day!

On February 18 Erica was married to her sweetheart, Phil Knight. Phil and Erica met online on a website. Phil is from England and it took a lot longer than expected for him to be able to get approved to come to the United States. When he was finally able to come over Erica was so excited!

The ceremony was held at an LDS church house near Wes's parents home. Erica, Ellen, and Lexie put a lot of work into the planning and decorating. Everything was beautiful!


Violet and Adelle were flower girls. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the girls walking down the aisle. Violet wasn't entirely certain about the flower petals. She threw a few down the aisle, but most of them ended up in a pile at our feet while we watched the ceremony.



Lydia looked so grown up as a bride's maid!









Devin was the the best man and Lexie was the matron of honor. They are such a cute couple!




Kyle was pretty sweet with Violet.


Wes snapped an accidental picture of me and I actually like it.








Erica had the most amazing idea for the children that were attending the party. She set up a kids table with fruit snacks, goldfish crackers, coloring books and crayons! The kids loved it. There wasn't any crying or screaming. It was funny watching the kids though. It was a little like musical chairs with the swapping of seats, coloring books, and snacks.




Erica's cousin made an amazing pirate cake. The wedding was pirate themed and quite fun!



The sign was pirate themed but also had an airplane since Phil is going to be a pilot.



Phil and Erica are so funny and sweet together. It is nice that we are starting to get to know Phil more and more. Only the best man will do for our special Erica.



Lydia and Adelle looked so beautiful in their blue dresses. Lydia was also wearing her first pair of high heels.



It was a mad time of flashes and lots of picture taking for the next little while. It was hard to know which way to look when the pictures were being taken. Phil's parents flew all the way out from England.




I absolutely love this picture of the men being super silly! They look like they are finishing a rousing musical number.



Erica is the belle in the middle of it all! Poor girl having to grow up with so many boys!



My cute little Violet happy as can be with her crayons and candy!


She was quite taken with Erica at one point and didn't want to leave her said. She kept wanting Erica to pick her up. Maybe she sensed that Erica and Phil probably won't be in the state with us much longer.


Violet also is a little OCD. There were glass marbles in front of the cake. There is a rounded side and a flat side. Violet kept flipping all of the marbles so they would be flat side down.



In the lobby with the guest book (which I'm pretty sure I forgot to sign) where a build-a-bear bride and groom. Erica made the cat years ago. She made the koala when she was missing Phil so much. They were finally reunited.




Adelle also kept lingering around Erica and Phil. She is very worried about Erica moving away. She just adores Erica.




It was fun to hang out with everyone and even chat with people that we hadn't seen in awhile.


It was finally cake cutting time. Phil and Erica were very sweet to each other. There was no cake smashing at all.




For the rest of the wedding I just took videos including advice for the Bride and Groom. I think the funniest advice came from Lexie who said "Fight Naked". In the end Phil and Erica snuck away without saying goodbye. Luckily I caught it on video. Devin, Lexie, and Adelle even decorated Erica's car. Phil's parents reserved a suite in the Grand American Hotel. I am so excited for Erica and Phil and I hope they having an amazing marriage!

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

Thanks for sharing this special event in pictures. Sounds like everyone had such a good time. I wish them all the happiness in the world. ...j