Sunday, June 3, 2012

Time Alone with You

Valentine's Day went by without too much of a fuss this year. Small gifts were exchanged. Flowers were given. Brownies were made. I think Wes just had a craving for chocolate though.


After Erica and Phil's wedding I was really longing for some alone time with my sweetheart. I decided I would surprise him with something really special. I arranged for Ellen to babysit and then gave Wes this special invitation.



You are hereby invited to join your Queen for a Royal

Evening of Romance. The festivities will begin on

Friday, February 25, 2012 at 4:00. You will be

treated as a King and will enjoy every leisure and

comfort on your royal outing.



Wes seemed excited for our adventure. We headed out first to Pei Wei for dinner. Wes kept trying to figure out what we would be doing. Was their a Renaissance festival going on? It was great to see the wheels turning in his head. I usually am unable to surprise him. Granted that is because I get too excited and spill the secret. This time for sure though I didn't want him to know. My lips were sealed.


After dinner we did a little shopping at the mall and walked around. Finally I took him to our destination.



The Castle Creek Inn in Sandy! I had packed bags for both of us in secret and put them in the trunk. I was grateful Wes didn't open the trunk when cleaning out the car right before the start of the date.

I reserved the Palace Royale Suite. It was oh so wonderful to get some alone time with my man and a much needed break!

2 comments:

The Hammonds said...

Castle Creek Inn is our favorite place to go!! We have been there over 5 times now and every single time has been amazing!

Mahatma said...

How romantic. You are so kind! ...j