Sunday, September 16, 2012

Adelle's 8th Birthday

 My girls are growing up SO fast!  Adelle is no exception.  She turned 8 this year.  We had our usual family party and gathered on the driveway to visit and watch Adelle open presents.  Everyone is always so generous!
 She got a particularly cute play set from her Aunt Sarah.  She got a little bakery with mini animals.  Sarah fell in love with it herself and asked for one for her birthday.  We never grow old around here. 

 She seemed really excited for her present from Wes and I.  We gave her a dance bag, dance shoes, and dance lessons!  She has been begging us forever.  Grandma Oates went along with our present and gave Adelle dance clothes. 


So many people were able to make it out.  Including Grandma Walter and Philip which doesn't happen often.  
 Adelle got clothes from Grandma Julie and lots of fun things to play with, including a Zhu Zhu Puppy and an art kit. 


 Adelle made sure to give everyone hugs and thank them for her gifts.  Grandpa loves taking pictures!


 Adelle asked for red velvet cake this year.  I purchased this one from Costco.  Funny enough in the picture it looks at tilted, but I think it was just how I was holding it.
 The girls have the best uncles.  Uncle Jeff tied Violet's shoe for her. 
 Aunt Erica gave Adelle jewelry.  Adelle didn't waste any time putting on her clip-on earrings. 
 We all enjoyed the yummy cake!  It was good enough to lick off every bit of frosting. 

 It was wonderful to enjoy each other's company.  Philip is becoming more and more social since he has moved into his own place.  I am so proud of him. 

 Wes's family stayed later and we got the fire pit out.  We roasted Peeps which the girls said tasted pretty good.  I stuck to good old plain marshmallows.  It was a fun end to a fun day!

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

It was a fun day and Adelle was adorable! ...j