Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Adelle's Very Special Day!

Eight is a very special age in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  It is the age you can be baptized.  Baptism is taken very seriously at our house.  We don't assume it is something that is just going to happen.  Every child is given the choice and told to to seriously consider if they want to be baptized and if they are ready.

Adelle wanted with all her heart to get baptized.  She was so very excited.  She called Grandpa on the phone and asked if he would baptize her.  He was very happy and agreed right away.  The day was set, family was invited, and I was even asked to give a talk on the Holy Ghost at the baptism.





My sweet little Adelle was so precious!  She wore the same beautiful dress that Lydia wore on her baptism day.  The actual baptism went smoothly.  Violet cried after it was over because she wanted to be baptized in the water too.  After Adelle was all dressed we went to the primary room where she was given the gift of the Holy Ghost.  The Bishop then shared his testimony and invited anyone else who would like to share their testimony as well.  What a wonderful experience.  Several strong and amazing women in the family shared their testimonies with us.  It reminded me that I am not alone in my beliefs and that there are many that can buoy and strengthen me.  I am so proud of my Adelle and the choice she made!  It was a day I will never forget. 

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

It was an incredibly special day and I was so honored to be there! ...j