Well if you can believe it I only have 13 days until my estimated due date. It is amazing that I am actually nearing the end! It is questionable at this point when Violet will make her grand debut. I realized the other day that Lydia was actually 6 days late! Adelle I think was on time or 1 day early, but that was after they had tried to induce me at 39 weeks without success. I figure that had to help me go into labor on my own when I did. When I got checked out 6 days ago at my doctor's office she said my cervix was still pretty hard and that I was dialated to a 1. I honesltly wasn't expecting much because I was still 2 1/2 weeks out. Violet is head down though, which is good. I do get bouts of contractions that can get pretty uncomfortable and last for a couple of hours, but I find if I lay down or change the way I'm sitting they will stop, which is a sure sign of "false labor".
I did have an interesting thing happen on Sunday. I am pretty sure I lost my mucus plug. Ladies and gentelmen if you don't know what this is, don't try and figure it out. All I can say is gross and really too much information! It may have had something to do with getting an internal exam this last Thursday. It set me thinking "Is she coming soon". Alas, she still isn't here though. Honestly that is okay though. I was hit pretty hard with a cold that my girls have had. I am super congested and I don't even now how I would breath during labor. Day by day, I seem to be getting better though which is encouraging. I really want to be better. I am just praying that Wes doesn't get it.
Violet is still pretty active and enjoys moving about, which can be painful at times because she is getting so big. It is reassuring though to feel her movements and know that she is doing well.
My hospital bag is in my trunk just in case. With Lydia and Adelle I was admitted straight after doctor appointments and I'd rather be prepared. The girls have even packed overnight bags just in case she comes during the night.
Wes and I have decided that we don't want Violet coming in 2010. If we wait until 2010 we will end up paying $450 more (since we will have to restart the deductible on our insurance) and we will miss out on the tax break. I am going to speak to my doctor about an induction date the last week in December just in case I go over. As much as I am really not a fan of induction, the downside is too great. I still have some natural induction methods that I can try though once we get closer to the due date.
I am trying to get things squared away at work and with my church callings so I won't be worried about things while I am on leave. I am planning on taking a full 3 months off, despite my boss' best efforts to have me take off less time. I am really looking foward to the leave and the the opportunity which I will have to spend with my new baby and Lydia and Adelle.
I have decided that pregnancy has been made to be so long and difficult (especially near the end) so as women we won't mind going through all of the pain and stress of labor. When it comes down to it, we really just want to move onto the next stage of our life and enjoy our new little one. I can't wait!! Have I said that already? Well I guess I can wait, but I am eagerly anticipating my baby's arrival!
3 comments:
Any day now! Violet is letting you know for the next while she will be calling the shots. You are a beautiful expectant mother. I'm glad you have pictures of it. ...j
I can't believe it's getting so close! Don't worry about your primary class. We'll make sure they're taken care of.
You just worry about getting well and getting that sweet baby here!
Post a Comment