Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Deck the Halls!

Last Saturday we decided to set out on a Grand Adventure to find a real Christmas Tree. In years past we have always used an old, fake one that we have. It was Wes' idea to have the fresh tree this year, and I thought "why not". Now we didn't set out into the wilderness like the Griswolds because, let's face it, it isn't very practical for our family. Wes and the girls had checked out a little, local lot down the street the night before, but most of the tress were too big. We have a very compact living room. We decided to check out Lowe's. It took some searching but we were able to find a tree that would just barely fit in our living room. It is super plush too :)
As we were out searching it started to snow, which made the experience all the more fun!

Lowe's was great enough to trim the bottom of the tree and to put it in netting for an easier drive home. The girls were SO EXCITED!


Wes managed to strap the tree to the top of the car and we made our way home in the slippery snow.

Once the tree was in the living room I started putting on the lights. I ended up running out since the tree is so much fuller than our fake one and we all headed out the door to the local Wal-Mart. The drive was a little scary thanks to the snow and the crowds were massive, but we made it back!

After a few glitches with our BRAND NEW lights, we finally got the tree all set up and decorated. Wes kept mumbling "never buy durable goods at Wal-Mart". The girls really enjoyed putting on the ornaments. Wes and I were super exhausted!


Wes still managed to put up the garland.

I managed to get a little bit of garland outside and the wreath, which has quickly become a home to the neighborhood birds.
We can gladly say though, that the house is all decorated! The fresh tree is beautiful and makes the house smell WONDERFUL! Now if only I could find the energy to wrap the girls presents!

3 comments:

Mahatma said...

There is nothing like the smell of a fresh Christmas tree. It makes me happy that you are such a good home-keeper. Hugs! ...j

Deborah said...

Your tree looks beautiful Liz!!! Mark really wants to get a real tree, but he wants to wait till we are living in a house.

The Barnum Family said...

What a beautiful tree! We used to always get real ones when I was growing up. Nate and I inherited a fake one and we just haven't done the real thing yet.