Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas

Christmas was very different this year, but we enjoyed it immensely. Wes parents and sister came by Christmas Eve bearing gifts! We visited with them for a little while until dinner arrived from a ward member. The dinners from our ward were so greatly appreciated!!!! Grandma and Grandpa let the girls open one gift early. They gave each of the girls, including Violet, brand new pajamas. I only got a picture of Adelle in her new threads though. Violet hanging out in her chair. She still hadn't mastered sleeping unless someone was holding her. We have now worked it out though. She LOVES to be swaddled and she loves sleeping in her little chair. In time, I'd like to transition her to the crib or the bassinet.



Santa came, even though Violet and I were sleeping the living room. He brought puppets for each of the girls and candy for everyone. Violet didn't get candy, but she did get new Christmas socks.


Lydia and Adelle wanted me to take a picture of them in their new outfits from Wes' parents.

This is how Violet spent most of the day..dozing in mommy's arms.


My blue eyed Adelle :)


Lydia playing her new PlayStation game.

It was a pretty quiet day. Wes' mom stopped by briefly to deliver a few gifts from extended family. Wes' brother and sister-in-law stopped by in the evening to see Violet and to give the girls gifts.
The next day my step-mom stopped by to visits and to give gifts. The girls got new, oriental pajamas.


Wes got a statue of Abraham Lincoln.


Julie picked up this great Alice in Wonderland Doll for Violet's room.

Grandma Julie with out little bundled girl.

Julie's mom enjoyed visiting with everyone.



I was so glad that I was home for the holidays and that Violet was with us. It was a wonderful Christmas. Everyone was so generous as well. They gave us such wonderful gifts ranging from games, cash, and even season passes to Lagoon which I'm sure we will be enjoying this upcoming year. The most wonderful gift of course is our new little baby! She really is so mild and sweet and we are really enjoying getting to know her better.

2 comments:

The Barnum Family said...

I can't get over how tiny and beautiful little Violet is! She just makes me wanna snuggle something.

Lisa P. said...

love all the Christmas pics. I could just eat that cute baby up:) hope to meet her someday:)