Friday, December 11, 2009

Waiting Stand By

So I have decided that pregnancy is like planning a big, giant vacation. You put a lot of time, effort, money and energy into planning the BIG EVENT. You are excited and can't wait to get to your destination. You pack your bags, you make arrangements with relatives to watch the kids, you schedule time off work, and you even buy some new gadgets. The only bad thing is you are flying stand by. The airline knows you will be leaving, but you just have to wait for your time. It could be tonight or it could be 2 weeks from now. You just don't know. It may not be convenient either. It may be the middle of the night when you are suddenly called to go on your flight. It could be during a freak snowstorm. You just have to try and be ready for every possibility.

So while I am waiting "stand by" I have decided to take advantage of my solo time. Last night I watched two chick flicks. It was great. One of them was actually completely uninterrupted. I figure these "alone" times are not going to last much longer so really I should enjoy them. Besides, I figure if I'm not focusing on "when am I leaving" then the wait time will be much more pleasant :)

I do know that my time will not be later than Dec 28. That probably will be the more painful way though, so really I am fine to be on "stand by" and hope that something naturally opens on its own.

3 comments:

Mahatma said...

I think she will come in the middle of the night on a weekend. Thinking of you and hoping you are in good spirits! ...j

The Barnum Family said...

Those last days are the worst! I always hated the waiting and wondering. I think with Jayne I was dilated to a 3 and 50% effaced for three weeks and she still didn't come on her own, the little stinker.
I'll send you some natural labor vibes.......ohmmmmmmmmm...
There. That should get her going. =)

Tad Wimmer said...

Have the flight attendant bring you a raspberry tea... Wishing you the best.