Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Our Adventure to The Olympic Park

This past Saturday I really needed a break from the stress in my life. I absolutely LOVE the Olympics and have really enjoyed watching them on TV. I thought it might be fun to get out and see some local Olympic sites. I looked up the Olympic Park in Park City and found out it is FREE so off we went. We all enjoyed the ski museum and the Olympic museum.
We made sure Violet was warm in a snow suit and hat. I carried her around in the baby sling.

One of the most amazing sites was the bobsled and luge track. There were athletes training on the track and we loved seeing the bobsleds and skeleton riders zoom by. It is much faster in person. We loved it!! We were also going to watch ski jumping but they delayed it because the athletes were busy watching their friends compete in Vancouver. We did get to see some kids ski jumping on the smaller jumps.


The girls thought that it was so cool to be able to sit in a real bobsled.








We all enjoyed holding a real Olympic torch and viewing medals from the Salt Lake City games. With all of the Olympic events and activities the girls have really wanted to take some sort of lessons. We decided to sign them up for a basic skating course. It is a 6 class course with the first one starting tonight. Hopefully it will go well. We will have to decide from there if we want to continue to involve them in the sport of figure skating.
I felt our outing on Saturday was wonderful and honestly it was one of the best days that I've had in a few months!

4 comments:

Ginny Clark said...

What a wonderful day together. We've been eyeballing this museum for awhile, but just haven't gotten up there. I think we may have to plan a day and just go. what fun

Tiffany said...

I must put this on our list of things to do, and do it soon! Looks like lots of fun!! Oh and my blog is once again private but I think you still have "permission" to view it!

Mahatma said...

What a great idea! You're such a great mom to take your kids on an adventure. They say "staycations" are the way of the future with the way the economy is looking. I'm glad you got lots of pics, you all look fab! ...j

Anonymous said...

You look great! :) And that trip looked like a lot of fun! Me and Jacob need to get out more! Maybe we'll do something like that sometime.