I am looking forward to many more book clubs to come!
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Our Book Club
The girls and I have started a book club. I came up with the idea a few weeks ago. I thought it might help Adelle be less bored and also create some good bonding time.
Adelle started reading her very first chapter book on her own. She chose "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and finished the book in 4 days. She loved it so much and got super excited when Charlie found his golden ticket. She started reading "Matilda" next but she was having a hard time understanding it on her own so she switched to "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator".
Lydia has been reading "Anne of Green Gables" again and is really enjoying it. She thinks she is a lot like Anne with her minor mishaps and she likes to imagine living in the book and becoming Anne's bossom friend.
I decided we would have a chocolate tasting since Adelle had finished "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". We tried Symphony milk chocolate, Dove dark chocolate, and Lindt white chocolate. The Lindt white chocolate was all of our favorites because it just melted in your mouth and was super creamy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great idea! I love it!
What a wonderful idea! I love how you support your girls and are always helping them find ways to grow.
Post a Comment