I am so grateful for loving friends and family who have shared their talents with us!! We love you!
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Handmade Treasures
I have been so appreciative of all of the gifts and well wishes I received when Violet was born. I was especially pleased with some of the handmade treasures we received. I know how hard and time consuming it can to be to make something yourself. I wanted to photograph these wonderful creations and say thanks!
This beautiful, stunning quilt was made by Wes' grandmother who is in her eighties. I love each handmade girl and all of the detail that has gone into each square.



This quilt came to me from the young women and young women leaders. It is super soft and warm and a great size if I want to bundle my little one in my arms while rocking her.
This little blanket and burp cloth we got from the hospital thanks to a generous volunteer. I love all of the cute animals. I thank the nurses chose this one for us because it is violet :)
The two green burp clothes on the right were made by Rebecca, the Relief Society President. The one on the left was made by my step-mother's friend.
This beautiful quilt was a gift from a friend, Miranda. She gave it to me at a work shower and it is absolutely plush and lovely!
Wes' Mom made this wonderful crocheted dress. Isn't it amazing! I wish it still fit her. I know endless hours went into it.
These were gifts from my step-mother, Julie! She asked her very good friend to make them for me. We have gotten oodles of compliments from complete strangers sometimes. The black polka dot one especially gets a lot! They are so soft and silky and are great for keeping Violet warm on the go or just hanging around the house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It all starts with blankies. Before you know it, it will be shoes and purses. What a warm and wonderful collection!
Post a Comment