Monday, March 29, 2010

Family Update

So I realize that I really haven't updated you on the rest of the family lately. I also need to get better at taking pictures again.

Wes has still been sick off and on and has had a continuous ringing in his ears for a couple of months. He saw an ENT doctor last week. They performed a hearing test and unfortunately he has some permanent hearing loss in certain ranges. His tonsils also appear to be permanently inflamed so he will need his tonsils out. Now we just need to look at his busy schedule and plan the surgery for a time when he doesn't have anything scheduled. Work has been pretty busy recently and he has managed to stay on top of things for the most part.

Lydia had pink eye twice in the last month or so. She also was sick last week with a stomach bug. She appears to be 100% better now which is marvelous!!! She is doing great in ice-skating and is learning new things all the time. Grades just came out and she did pretty well. One grade was a little lower because we didn't realize that she needed to participate online at a study site. Now we know. Lydia is a great girl and is growing up super quick! Right now in her free time she likes to play The Sims 2 on the computer.

Adelle also has been blessed with Pink Eye, just once though. She also had the stomach bug but recovered pretty quickly. She was pretty devastated to miss a movie/popcorn party at school and her first field trip. Talk about bad timing. She is my emotional girl and goes up and down pretty easily. She is also learning a lot in ice skating and is still enjoying it immensely. Her grades were wonderful! She was recently tested to possibly be placed at an advanced school within the district. We will have to wait a couple of weeks for the results.

I started work a few weeks ago and I'm starting to adjust. I unfortunately seem to have picked up some sort of bug and I am hoping it doesn't last long. I can hardly swallow right now and I'm just praying it isn't strep. Emotionally I'm doing better though:)

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

Sad to hear about pink eye making its rounds in the fam. But great news about the report cards. Of course I'm biased but I think Lydia and Adelle are very bright! Hope Wes gets to feeling better soon on the tonsils thing. I can relate to the hearing problem. If he ends up needing hearing aids, Costco is the best place to purchase. Hugs!