Last Saturday I was just itching to get out of the house with the girls to do something fun. Poor Wes was busy doing taxes. I asked if he'd mind the girls and I venturing out and he told us to go for it. My wonderful step-mom bought us Lagoon season passes so the girls and I decided to go for the first time this season. The girls were "ecstatic" and couldn't wait to go. The weather
forecast said it would be in the
upper 60's so we went for it!

I set some ground rules before we left. There would be no whining, crying, or coaxing younger sisters to go on rides that they don't want to go on. Lydia and Adelle agreed.

The girls warmed up with the scrambler and the bumper cars.

It was a little chilly so I made sure to keep Violet warm.

Since I couldn't leave Violet alone of course Lydia ventured on some BIG rides all on her own, including the Rocket!

Adelle was pretty brave though and decided to try some new rides including the Flying Aces. She has grown since last year and can ride much more. She usually is pretty timid, but
surprisingly she decided to push her limits.

I had the greatest time watching the girls! I wasn't bored in the least standing on the side seeing my sweethearts smiling faces!



The girls tried out a new ride called the Jumping Dragon. It looks super fun!


Violet got to go on her very first ride. The Merry Go Round. I don't know how I was lucky enough to snap this cute picture of Violet in her
giraffe coat in front of the
giraffe on the ride. She looks a little surprised :)

I love her sweet smile and her age of discovery!



What a fun adventure! Lydia decided to venture out on some of the larger rides like the swings and the Tidal Wave. Adelle decided to ride some of the smaller rides. She was itching to ride some rides alone. We got
ice cream from Pioneer Village and you can see the
ice cream ring around Adelle's mouth.




The girls rode the ladybug drop together, even though Adelle is usually afraid of heights. We were all planning on going on Dracula's Castle together, but Lydia backed out at the last moment when she found out that all four of us (Violet included) couldn't fit in one car. Adelle closed her eyes and ears almost the whole time, but I had fun. Violet clung on pretty tight to my hand which was super cute. The last ride the girls rode was Adelle's biggest ride ever, The Wild Mouse.
The sun was shining and the weather had warmed up to a perfect temperature, but at 4:15 we figured we should head home, especially so we could spend time with Wes. I drove home blissfully happy. I had gotten out of the house with my girls and had so much fun. It was absolutely wonderful. The girls were on their best behaviour the whole day and Violet really seemed to enjoy being out as well. I am really looking forward to going back again!
2 comments:
I haven't been to Lagoon in forever! It looks like you guys had so much fun. Maybe I'll have to take the kids sometime.
I'm so happy you had such a wonderful time. I especially love your little giraffe girl with the bigger one behind. Your girls will remember this special day of fun for a long time to come! ...j
Post a Comment