Friday, April 30, 2010

Violet is 4 months old

There was a lot happening this past month. Violet started rolling over. She doesn't do it very often, but she is practicing. Violet is VERY social and likes to be around the family as much as possible. She has to have attention and rarely likes being on her own. She can be pretty fussy at times because she doesn't like napping. She'd much rather be awake visiting. Sometimes it is hard to get her to eat as well, because of course she'd rather see what is going on around her. She can be especially upset around others outside the immediate family including aunts and grandmothers. Can you tell she has become somewhat high maintenance?
Violet still sleeps best on my lap during the day. She sleeps pretty well at night when she is swaddled and in her crib. For now during the day I've gotten used to her looking like this. On occasion I can get her to nap other places.

Violet can be pretty giggly at times and everyone tries to get her to laugh. She is also becoming interested in toys. She can reach out for things and her coordination is really improving. Right now she likes sitting in her rocker and pulling a toy which will play the ABC song. She will pull it over, and over, and over....



At Violet's last appointment she was 14 pounds 4 ounces and 26 inches long. She is outgrowing her clothes so quickly. I picked up a 9 month outfit the other day and it is just slightly big.


Even though Violet is a lot of work, I still absolutely adore her.

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

Fabulous pictures! Sweet Violet is as cute as can be! I love the smiling one! ...j