Thanksgiving was great this year. I didn't take pictures AGAIN this year. Drat! I have this great camera and I didn't even use it. I really need to get in the habit again of snapping photos.
On Thanksgiving Day I spent a lot of the day working on the 2008 blog book and everyone enjoyed relaxing. Later in the afternoon Wes got my brother Philip and we headed to Wes' parents. It was fun to see everyone again. Violet was pretty entertaining. She was a little timid at first, especially around her uncle Jeff, but she began to warm up. At one point we were all copying her when she would clap and stop clapping and she just thought that was the greatest thing.
Adelle and Philip played Battleship while dinner was being made and after dinner. Adelle had a melt down at one point when we discovered that she had in fact been moving her ship to avoid being hit. I love her. She promised to be honest on the next game. Phil was really great with her. He really seemed to be super comfortable and he even began playing the piano and singing at one point! I love him!!!
Dinner was wonderful and we really enjoyed visiting with everyone. After dinner Wes and I enjoyed joking with his aunt and siblings while looking at the ads. We really didn't want to leave when 8:00 rolled around, but we needed to get Violet to bed.
The Sunday after Thanksgiving we headed to my step-mom's house. It had been snowing since the night before, but we braved the weather and made it there safely. Dinner was marvelous! The deserts were super yummy too. The girls and I especially liked the little cake balls and Candy Apple Salad. Yummy! We also enjoyed seeing everyone. It was really great to see my sister Sarah's art. She really is developing into quite the talented Artist. I could never draw or paint like she does and I am so proud to see her learning so much and working so hard at it! We couldn't stay too long though because the snow was still coming down and we knew it would be a long, scary drive. We did manage to make it home again.
I am so grateful for loving family that surrounds us, especially during this holiday season. I love each and every one of you. Thank you for loving us with all of your hearts and taking such good care of us!!!!
1 comment:
It was a great Thanksgiving weekend and I was so happy to see your family. It is a good time to count our blessings! Hugs.
Post a Comment