I'm not entirely sure what Lydia was doing at this station. It looks like the game where you have to close your eyes and squeeze each others hands until someone is out. Yep, that is the technical name.
I helped at the checkers and chess station. Violet was with me so I was glad my station didn't require too much work. Lydia was sweet enough to let Violet play with her. Several of the other kids were quite taken with my little girl and Violet was quite happy to see another face besides mine. Makes you feel loved.
There was even a Wii station with some Medieval games. The Wii is medieval right? Honestly most of the kids seemed bored with the Wii. They were much happier with the jousting station. Who doesn't like to ride on a scooter with a PVC pipe, while wearing a mask and trying to hit a target. The girls were much more subdued than the boys and seemed a bit embarrased at times, but secretly they were enjoying it.
By this time the kids headed off to lunch and Wes and I headed home with our little, tired Violet. After lunch the kids had a feast of fruit, cheese and bread. Lydia then headed over to her friend's house after school. By the time she made it back home to us she was very worn out, suffering from a headache, and then got sick. My poor girl. She was better the next morning though which we were grateful for.
No comments:
Post a Comment