I am so blessed to be a mom to three of the most wonderful and beautiful girls in the world. They are always super sweet to me each Mother's day. This year was no exception. Lydia and Adelle woke up early and prepared our kitchen table for a breakfast feast. They even got out the tablecloth.
I loved all their sweet smiles!

They made me toast and scrambled eggs. Adelle made me a coupon book including one for a massage. Lydia also made me coupons. I need to start redeeming them soon :)

The girls also made me paper flowers and butterflies that I love. They have a special place in my kitchen window sill.

We then went to church where all of the girls over 12 were given M&M's. We came home, ate lunch and put Violet down for a nap. It was raining pretty hard. I almost went to my mother's grave because I was missing her. I pulled out a handwritten letter that she had given me when I was about 15 years old. I then remembered that my aunt and uncle had transferred old family gathering videos to DVD. I set up the portable DVD player in the bedroom and snuggled in to watch hours of video. It made me so happy to see so many people that are no longer with us. To see my Mom, Dad, Grandma, an aunt and uncles that have all passed away, was like stepping into heaven for just a day. It was funny to see myself as a little girl, but mostly it was wonderful to hear voices, laughter, see smiles and
silliness of those I love so much.
Wes was busy sewing a project for Lydia so I made a d
elicious meal including cheesy
potatoes again. Funny enough I don't remember what the rest of the meal was. After dinner Wes gave me some cute new pajamas and then we all played
Blockus together, which is a great board game. It was a wonderful Mother's Day, and I am so glad I have such an incredible family.
1 comment:
What a fun day. When you give love it comes back to you. Your girls are pretty lucky to have you and you are definitely blessed to have them! ...j
Post a Comment