Saturday, June 4, 2011

Renaissance Costume for Lydia

The 6th grade has a Renaissance Festival every year. Lydia wanted Wes to make her a very special costume. She helped Wes design the dress and helped with the color selection. The final dress is so beautiful. There is a pink underdess and a green overdress. The green overdress is trimmed with velvet and gold. It ended up being a pretty substantial dress as far as weight goes. Lydia looks absolutely breathtaking in it. I think Wes will probably enter this dress in the State Fair later this year.





Even with the cut outs in the sleeve, Lydia did end up getting pretty warm. In fact I think she overheated a little. I guess it will be perfect for Halloween when it is much cooler.





I am always amazed how well Wes can sew. I will probably never be able to match his skill level. He is a perfectionist as well. So sometimes he will undo and redo parts of the dress over and over. I think there comes a point where he lets go and just finishes. There was a little bit of a time crunch when the Renaissance Festival got moved up a week, but he did finish in time. Lydia looked so regal and I know she felt so very special wearing this gown at school!

2 comments:

Mahatma said...

Lydia looks stunning. What a great dad! ...j

Tiffany said...

WoW! That is beautiful. Wes sure is talented!