Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lydia's Night with Shakespeare!

I have one of the most amazing daughters ever!  Lydia decided to participate in Shakespeare Night this year.  She worked and memorized one of  Titania's monolauges from Midsummer Night's Dream.  She really did it all on her own with very little help from Wes or myself.  The night of the event there was a huge snowstorm but we managed to drive the couple of slippery blocks to the school.  When it was Lydia's turn I held my breath.  As she began I was absolutely tingling with excitement and was absolutely amazed at her poise and passion!  I couldn't have been prouder of my oldest girl.  While she didn't win she was given compliment after compliment from her peers and the teachers.  She was so happy! I wish we could have all attended, but at least I got it on video.

1 comment:

Mahatma said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in this case. Lydia has her mommy's talent! ...j